Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It only took 24 Years

Some people never quite get it together.

Twenty-four years ago, I spent a week in Tennessee
with my cousins and grandparents after I finished
ROTC Field Training.

I went to see "Annie Get your Gun" at the local high
school, but only got to see the first half (my cousin
though it was boring, and she was driving).

But this week, I've finally got to close that loop.
I'm playing in the Cowboy Band for our own "Annie"
production...and that loops been closed lots of
times now.

The main characters, Annie and Frank, never could quite
get it together.

They go back and forth loving and hating each
other. Vowing to never be apart and vowing to never
speak to each other again.

Their back and forth gives dramatic tension to the
story. But your back and forth can give you tension
you don't need.

Tension that actually robs you of your life.

Just because you can't get it together.

It took me 24 years to see the last half of the play.
(It wasn't one of my goals, and I wasn't really
trying to get it finished-but I'm glad I did).

But you may have a goal or a dream or a to-do that you've
been putting off. Maybe not 24 years (if it's that
long, you probably really didn't want to do it to
begin with)...but for 24 days, or 24 weeks, or months

even 24 hours.

These next few weeks are a great time for self-
assessment. It's the end of the 2nd Quarter, end
of the month, half a year's gone, end of some fiscal
years.

So spend a few hours making some goals, some plans,
cleaning out the trash (it's still technically
Spring) and freeing up your energy to make more
of yourself, and to

Live like You Mean it...

Dr. Vince

PS A great tool for this type of work is the Wheel
of Life Overview and Self-Assessment. It leads you
through seven areas of your life and jumpstarts your
thinking/goal-setting process.

You get it FREE when you test-drive the Dr. Vince
Caveman Club. Less baggage in your Mind and less
baggage on your Middle frees up your Energy...let me
help you 'get it together'.
http://www.drvinceonline.com/caveman.htm