Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dr Vince Must Confess

I must confess. I did something stupid.
Really stupid.

OK, I did it twenty years ago...and again nineteen
years ago. I can't undo it, but I'll never do it
again...and
I don't suggest you do it either.

Now, the smart (really smart) thing I did twenty years
ago today was I got married. That's not the problem.

What I did wrong was I didn't eat any of our wedding cake.

I posed for the picture, but I didn't eat it. And
on our first anniversary, when you're supposed to eat
the top of the cake that you've kept in the freezer
for the past year, I passed.

Why?

Because sugar's bad for you. Cake is BAD for you.
Don't you know that. I wanted to be healthy, so I
didn't eat my own wedding cake.

Wacko.

That's what I call the Dark Side...the obsession about
eating right...that can cause just as many
(if not more) problems as not worrying about
food at all.

What I've learned over the past twenty years: life
(and food) is not about right vs wrong or black vs
white or good vs bad or fattening vs non-fattening.

It's about appreciating and even enjoying the grey
areas in between. Accepting and even enjoying your
humanity (and your spouse's...and hope they enjoy yours,
too)

Or like I say in Caveman Cuisine: respecting and
protecting your humanity.

Shunning your own wedding cake may seem like it'll
keep you physically healthy...but it's not mentally
healthy...and since the Mind and Body are really
the same...you can connect the dots for yourself.

So, tonight I'm going to eat some cake. And it's
gonna be great.

Live like You Mean it...

Dr. Vince

P.S. OK, here's your anniversary present. I'll
send you a big bottle of fish oil (120 caps) or a
copy of "the Millionaire Inside" if you take the
Dr. Vince Caveman Club test drive this month.

But this offer is only good 24 hours. Right now
it's 11:25, but we'll say noon Thursday. So don't
wait around.

In the special instructions section, just write
Fish Oil or Millionaire, and I'll send it along
with your Welcome Package (QuickStart Guide and CD,
Wheel of Life, Caveman Concentration, Hidden Eyes,
the works...and you'll get the June newsletter in
the next week or so)

Click here to join:
http://www.drvinceonline.com/caveman.htm

or here to learn about your anniversary present
http://www.drvinceonline.com/fishoil.htm
http://www.drvinceonline.com/millionaire.htm