Wednesday, February 21, 2007

When to Jam a Needle into your Face

Nothing like a 5-inch needle going into your face to help you
practice your breathing.

I was getting an impression made for a crown yesterday,
so I was thankful for that needle.

Dr. Mike told me to put all my teeth together. So I did.
The way he cheered, you'd think I hung the Moon.

'Perfect! You wouldn't believe the lady we had in here
yesterday...I told her to put her teeth together and she kept
wiggling them back and forth, chewing, here and there...she
couldn't keep them still...'

Actually, I would believe it. Not because she was nervous
about being at the dentist (or from the 5-inch needle).

But because most people can't sit still. Or lie still. Or be
still in any position.

I see it all the time in my office, too. A patient will be lying
on the table with their legs as straight as they can make them.
Even if I tell them to relax, they can't. I have to physically
reach up and touch their knee and coax them to let it
relax. Even to let me bend it.

Sometimes, I'll hold their feet halfway up in the air, and tell
them to let their feet relax and fall down to the table. When
I let go, they're still in mid-air. It's not magic...it's stress.

Our brains are overloaded and we can't relax.

In 'the Power of Concentration', Theron DuMont reveals
the connection between how well you control your mind and
how well you control your body. In 'Psycho-Cybernetics', Dr.
Maxwell Maltz teaches that relaxation is the key to reaching
your goals.

And they both emphasize the importance of 'peace of Mind.'

Peace of Mind doesn't come in a bottle. But there is sort of
a 'relaxation good-luck-charm.'

A great tool for relaxing, and getting rid of stress is the
Q-Link Personal Energy Pendant. It's like a stress filter.
I wear one all the time (I guess that's why I can keep my
teeth together). It vibrates with your body's own energy
and makes your personal force-field stronger.

It also gives you more mental clarity, focus, zest for life...
it even keeps your blood cells the right shape.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.drvinceonline.com/qlink.htm

To help build your Mind-Body connection, I also include
the Dynamic Dozen, 12 concentration exercises with
your purchase. And if you get the Titanium Q-Link, you
also get a full copy of 'The Power of Concentration for
Health & Wealth'.

It's probably OK to fidget a little at the Dentist...but if you're
energy is scattered, '...you get but ordinary results. But center
it upon one thing and you secure much better results.'

Regain your focus, and your Calm Mind/Calm Body today,

Dr. Vince


P.S. A patient told me yesterday that she loves her Q-Link:
'Everyone at school was asking me why I wasn't stressed.
Things were really crazy, but I was keeping my cool--when
I normally would have lost it.'

Sometimes you feel like you're too stressed to relax. So
wearing a Q-Link is a great way to get a little breathing room
without really having to do anything.

http://www.drvinceonline.com/qlink.htm

PPS I breathed about 30 times in 10 minutes while my
impression was setting. I say 'about' because I sort of
dozed off in the chair. Have you found your 'breathing
minute' yet?