Saturday, March 24, 2007

This Whale's Not at the Beach

Imagine that you're cooking a delicious supper for your new
spouse. Your favorite meal for your favorite person.

As you walk across the kitchen, all of a sudden you fall to
the floor and can't get up.

Your knees collapsed, because they can't hold up your
500+ lb frame any longer.

What would you do?

I guess I'd do what 'Michael' did, and crawl into bed. And then
I'd have a moment of clarity, realize what a mess I'd made
of myself and vow to change it.

Whatever I had to do to get out of that bed and take care of
my wife.

But Michael had no moment of clarity. He just kept on eating.
Until he weighed 750 pounds.

The only reason he decided to change was the landlord kicked
him out of his apartment (the paramedics had to remove him
with a whale sling they borrowed from the aquarium).

Michael didn't just wake up one day at 750+ (the nursing home
had to get another scale, because theirs only went to 750)
In fact, he was a pudgy, husky and then F-a-t kid, teenager
and adult.

You know what blew my mind? He said:
'I've been on a diet my whole life. Every diet there is.'

So, this is an extreme demonstration of 'diets don't work'.
But you and I both know that he wasn't ever really ON a
diet (he was eating chips, popcorn and candy in the bed
at the nursing home!)

But before we judge him too harshly, we have to look at
our own selves. Haven't we ignored a few pounds here
and there? It sneaks up on you. The only difference
is that Michael's got WAY out of hand.

Let's take this beautiful weekend to remember that it's
the little things we do every day, the constructive or
destructive habits, every day, that make our life and
our body what it is.

Take care of your body...it's the only one you've got.

Dr. V

P.S. next time I'll tell you how Michael's doing...and how
I had my own version of 'falling down in the kitchen' (and
what I did about it...it may surprise you.)

P.S.S. I know for a fact that Michael hasn't been on the
Caveman Cuisine plan. 1. because it's not a d-i-e-t
2. because it's fool-proof

Don't wait until they come after you with a whale sling.
If you're not eating the way you should, and you're not
in the shape you want to be...then get started NOW:
http://www.drvinceonline.com/caveman.htm

or you can take the monthly test drive here:
http://www.drvinceonline.com/testdrive.htm