Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Favorite Dinosaur

I don't care what anybody else says, I like Barney. That's
right, Barney T. Rex, the purple dinosaur. And maybe that
makes me unique.

But at first, I was a little cynical. He would sing: 'You
are special, special...everyone is special...everyone in
his or her own way.'

And I would sing back, 'If everyone is special, then no
one's special.'

But I was thinking in a competitive mindset. As if he
was saying 'everyone is the best'. But then I watched
it again (and again, and again...and listened to Grace
sing it again and again...OK, I'll admit it, ad nauseum...
but I still like him), I finally got the message.

Everyone is singular, different and special (some call me
'peculiar', but I think they mean it in a good way). Not
just because you're different (everyone's different), but
because of the talents, gifts, points of view, personality
that make you different.

Your Unique Contribution.

Your mind and body carry around these unique talents,
gifts, points of view, personality (not to mention your
soul and spirit), so respect them and feed them well.

Speaking of feeding (or should I say feeding-frenzy),
next Thursday is going to put the stress on the ol' digestive
system big-time. So make sure you know how to eat to
still lose weight over the holidays (yes, it's possible...).
You'll find the secret here
http://www.drvinceonline.com/caveman.htm

Thanks for your contribution......there's no one else like you.

Dr. Vince


P.S. Next Friday could be the most stressful day of the
year for some of you. My wife and her sister go shopping
that day (all day). Ruth makes sure to take an extra
dose of magnesium before she goes, though...it helps
you relax physically and mentally. It's part of the Core Four.
Get yours here http://www.drvinceonline.com/core4.htm
so the holiday stress doesn't get you.