Sunday, December 10, 2006

Revenge of the Nerds

Like it or not, nerds rule the world.

You're reading this on a machine invented by nerds--
need I say more?

Georgia Tech is known for producing its share of nerds
(including yours truly), but things have changed a lot since
I went there. More buildings, more majors, and one thing
I didn't know about, that one of my readers clued me into:

"Dr. Vince,

"I expect you know of Tech's president, G. Wayne Clough's
effort to increase the graduation rate at the school. He
discovered that those students who did the best in engineering,
often were the ones with "other" interests - and many times
interests associated with music.

"Many things have taken place, including the altering of
admission policies in order to recruit students who also played
musical instruments or sang in a chorus. Today, more than 50
percent of entering freshman have played musical instruments
or participated in some kind of musical group.

"And the graduation rate has increased from 65% (early '90s)
to 76% (2005). Impressive!!

Jim"


I must admit that I didn't know that, so thanks for the
update, Jim. As a Band member myself (a nerd's nerd),
that makes me proud.

And that just goes to show you the power of music. If it can
make nerds smarter, just think of what it can do for you.

That's why I recommend the Secret Power of Words and Music
CD set.

It has a teaching CD for your left brain, 2 music CDs for your
right brain, and 2 CDs of words and music to balance both
sides.

Averaged out, each CD probably costs less than a Britney Spears
CD, and she has no brain at all. (Although, since she dumped
KFed, we're starting to think there may be signs of life after
all.)

Release your Inner Nerd today (without the pocket protector),

Dr. Vince

P.S. It's not 'airy-fairy' 'woo-woo' music. Tania's CDs have
a variety of instruments, tempos, voicings, moods, etc. I even
catch myself singing some of it during the day. You may not
sing along, but it will change your day--and your life.
http://www.drvinceonline.com/secretpower.htm
Order soon and you can still get yours before Christmas.