Friday, April 13, 2007

Why you Can't Get Good Help

You know the feeling.

All you need is a $2 clip to make the fridge shelf stop
wiggling. But they keep sending you the wrong part.

You call the manufacturer, wait on hold, describe your
problem, they say your model doesn't have that shelf
(even though you're looking right at it), they send you
the wrong part.

Repeat.

Then I remembered that the simplest answer is usually
the Best one. So I went back to Best Buy (where we
first bought the fridge), determined not to leave until I
had the clip in my hand (even if we had to pull it
of the one in the model kitchen).

Downie and Kyle were very helpful. Using the 'Fool me
twice, shame on me' approach, I asked if they were
certain that they'd found the right part on the computer.

'Well, it can't be anything else. There's only one shelf.
All the rest are drawers. And there's only one shelf stopper,
so that has to be it.'

(Using the 'Bird in the Hand' approach, we still harvested
the clip off the floor model just to be sure)

I wondered out loud why the two people from GE couldn't
figure it out that quickly when I talked to them before.

Kyle said, 'They probably weren't listening'

It's hard to get good help anymore, because people have
stopped listening.

It's hard to have good relationships or grow, change and
improve if you're not listening.

Listening is a lost art. Lost in the shuffle and noise of our
modern, hi-tech, hi-distraction life.

Listening well can improve your mental, social,
family, career, and spiritual life...even your physical life.

I learn a lot about my patients by listening. To what they
say, how they say it, and what their body tells me. Things
they didn't even know themselves (they think I'm psychic...
but I'm just a good listener.)

You can improve your listening (and your health and your
life) with a little practice. That's why we've included some
call-and-response and a listening meditation on this month's
Wheel of Life CD--called 'Healthy Rhythms'.

Your body may be trying to tell you something, but you're not
listening. Your shelf may be wiggling and you don't even know it.

This Healthy Rhythms CD will help you relax, beat stress and
burnout (pun intended)...but you can only get it if
you're a member Dr. Vince Caveman Club.

Take the test-drive today, and I'll send you the Healthy
Rhythms CD, and this month's Caveman Cuisine Newsletter
(including a way to change your Mind about eating that
may just blow your Mind...along with the Caveman Cuisine
QuickStart Guide and CD, and all the other bonuses.

You can check out the rest of the goodies, and take your
test drive here:

http://www.drvinceonline.com/caveman.htm

Downie, Kyle and the Athens/Bogart Best Buy get a big 'blue'
star in my book.

Live like you Mean it...

Dr. Vince

P.S. I was so happy with Best Buy today that I bought a
pair of 'surround sound' earphones for working on the
computer (like I'm listening to right now). But my
computer is zapping me with electro-magnetic stress
while I write this, just like yours is doing while you read it.

That's why I'm also wearing (and recommend you do too)
a Q-Link pendant. It helps me resist the EMF stress coming from
said computer, and cell phone, TV...and all the other fun
stuff that Best Buy sells. It's a great way to protect your
biology from the outside, keep your energy up and feel calm
through the day. Check out the Q-Link here:
http://www.drvinceonline.com/qlink.htm